Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fertility Medications Have Started!

So today is my first day of taking my injectable medications! Even though I'm experienced in giving myself shots and measuring my insulin, I was totally freaked out that I'm giving myself the medications correctly! Did I give the right amount? Did I get all of it out of the bottle? Is there any left in the needle before I change it and put on the other needle? I think it went ok though.:)

I finished my cycle yesterday and saw the doctor for an ultra sound and some blood work.  First I should mention that my cycle was much heavier than normal. I asked the doctor about this and he told me that it was a result of the Estrace, not the Ganirelix. They then checked in the U/S to make sure that my follicles were "resting" and the blood work was to check my progesterone and estradiol levels, which all came back normal. Yay!:) He also told me I can still work out until next Tuesday! I'm very excited!:) It just helps my blood sugar control so much, and with all the medication I'm starting, I'll take all the help I can get!:) There are restrictions though....I can only do the Elliptical machine and do weights with my arms. No squats and No abdominal workouts.

Now this morning I started Dexamethasone (Steroid) 0.5mg, Cipro (Antibiotic) Follistim 225 units and Menopur. With the Follistim and Menopur there was no irritation at the injection site. This is only my first round, so I can honestly say that I haven't seen any real issues with my sugars yet and I feel ok. I wanted to blame them for my high blood sugar around lunch...but reality of that, it was probably all the pretzels I ate after my low blood sugar....oops! I did go to the gym today though so that did help bring down my sugars. We'll see how it goes as more medication gets circulating throughout my body! I'll be doing injections every 12 hours at least for the next 10 days or so. So we'll see how it all goes! I also did my acupuncture today as well, which is helpful in so many ways...including relaxing! My goal over the next weeks is just to chill out as much as possible and make sure my sugars are in good control! I'll keep you posted on what happens as I get more into the cycle!



No comments:

Post a Comment