I had an appointment yesterday to check my follicle count again. I'm still low at only 4. They were measuring at 10mm + though so that is good. To prevent ovulation from occurring, they started me on the Ganirelix again yesterday which to me = Blood Sugar Insanity!! I feel that I can finally conclude that the Ganirelix makes me quite a bit insulin resistant. I am supposed to be on it 1-2 more days after today and I'm mildly dreading it. It is taking much more insulin to come down from a high sugar. I even exercised today and I find myself having difficulties controlling my numbers.
Back to the low follicle count. I have another check up tomorrow. From this point we decide if moving to the next step of Egg Retrieval is the right thing to do, or do we just do an IUI? The doctor thinks as long as the follicles are still growing well tomorrow that we should plan for the retrieval. He thinks this is best because since I'm already on a high dose of medications, that I probably wouldn't respond better to stimulation meds again in the future (if that's what ends up having to happen) :( I have to say it is disheartening to realize that I don't have a strong egg reserve left. I am 33 years old, and never thought this would be something that I would have to deal with. So if we decided to continue with the IVF, there is a chance that any eggs they get may not fertilize and grow....but It Only Takes One....so there is Still a chance that this will work!!! I'm just doing my best to stay positive (even though the past couple of days have been really hard once I found out about the low follicle count). I'm keeping a smile on my face and see what happens after the appointment tomorrow!:)