Sunday, September 2, 2012

20 Weeks and the Insulin Resistance Continues

After hitting the 20 week mark I am doing nothing but seeing more insulin resistance. Especially in the morning. A week ago I was at a basal rate of 0.975 in the morning from 5am-9am....and now I am 1.175 units per hour! It seems like such a drastic increase in such a short period of time. I feel like it is a lot more than my first pregnancy too. I have also had to increase my night time basals because it would take me 3-4 hours for my sugars to come down. I have run everything by my doctor and we're on the same page.

The insulin resistance can be frustrating at times, but I'm just staying on top of it as much as I can. I had my first 300 sugar and was like AHHHH!!! I got it down quickly and it happened to be right before I worked out for the first time in a couple months, so that helped too. I finally had energy for the gym and it was awesome! My doctor mentioned that during a second pregnancy you can have MORE insulin resistance....(not sure if I mentioned that already).....but I sure seem to be on that path!

On a good note, I'm feeling the little one kick quite often! I'm also noticing a small reduction in my nausea...so let's just hope that continues!



For now, I'll just keep on truckin' along!

No comments:

Post a Comment