Saturday, September 22, 2012

23 Weeks along! Volunteering with the JDRF for T1 Mom's and Mom's to Be!

As each week goes on the aches and pains get a little worse in my back and I see slightly more and more insulin resistance. I have been wearing my Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) and have been having nothing but problems with it....what kind you ask....for example on sensor reading on the CGM said I was 274 and going straight up!! OH CRAP!!! So I immediately tested my blood and had a reading of 186. That was less than an hour after eating...So almost 100 points off for the CGM!! How am I supposed to rely on this machine if I am having such crazy readings? That was the worst of them, but others will say: CGM: 140 Actual: 85 CGM: 199 Actual: 130....a LOT of readings are more than their 20% variable. If this is what the artificial pancreas technology is supposed to be based off of, don't sign me up yet!! I have called Dexcom too, done the calibration changes they have suggested....and it's just not working! It gets SO Frustrating!

On a happier note, I'm feeling the baby move a ton more which is awesome! Everyone keeps asking us if we have a name...nothing yet, but if you have any cool girl name suggestions, send them our way please! :)

I'm having to change my inset site every 2 days or so now. It just stops working after a while.

I've been trying to work out at least one day a week still, it does help my sugars and my back. I've been having to go to physical therapy for my back.

Also in staying busy I am volunteering with the JDRF and starting a Type 1 Mom's Group Meetup called Sugar Momma's! It will be for Type 1 Expecting Moms and Moms of Infants, Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers. Our first meeting will be Oct 13th in the San Francisco Bay Area! Very exciting! Message me if you know anyone in the area who might be interested in joining!

Well, next week we'll have a 24 week Growth Ultra Sound! Will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment