Friday, August 24, 2012

18 & 19 weeks Pregnant, Insulin Resistance and...IT's A .........!!!

GIRL!!! We are so excited to welcome another little girl into our family! At the 18 week Scan we did a fetal echo cardiogram and that turned out great as well as the scan of all the organs. I don't have to go back for 6 weeks for another ultra sound.

And now we're at 19 weeks and starting to see some insulin resistance! I finally got a chance to talk to the doctor today and she said that it is totally normal to see more insulin resistance in your Second pregnancy. I didn't know that. She said it can come on as early at 20-22 weeks. I'm 19 and 2 days right now, so I'm close enough to fall into that timeline. I remember being on a 1:3 carb ratio at the end of my first pregnancy...if it's going to be worse this time, I can't even imagine how much insulin I will be on in the near future! I started out at a 1:10 carb ratio in the am and I am now at a 1:7 and I have had to raise my basals starting at 2am until 12pm. I've only had a few sugars in the 200's, but when I saw my highest today at 260 after breakfast I did freak out a bit. I know there is nothing I can do but give myself a shot and adjust my insulin levels. I am not making this adjustment after seeing ONE high sugar, but have noticed a steady increase over a period of a week. I never make adjustments with my insulin unless I have seen a pattern for 3 days or more. I have also see some higher sugars in the evening time and only made a mild adjustment. We will see what the weeks to come have for me!

1 comment:

  1. HTSolution là một công ty chuyên cung cấp dịch vụ thiết kế website, gia công phần mềm. Với mong muốn mang đến những sản phẩm chất lượng chuyên nghiệp đến với khách hàng. Chúng tôi không bao giờ mang đến những website kém chất lượng bởi chúng tôi biết tầm quan trọng của website đối với các doanh nghiệp ban. Hãy để chúng tôi trở thành một trong những người bạn cùng chia sẽ những nổi lo với các bạn. Hãy tiên tưởng ở chúng tôi.
    cung cấp phần mềm quản lý nhà hàng tại tphcm
    phần mềm quản lý uy tín chất lượng và chuyên nghiệp
    Dịch vụ gia công phần mềm theo yêu cầu tphcm
    thiết kế website rẻ, chất lượng
    dịch vụ nâng cấp website tại tphcm
    thiết kế website bán vé tại tphcm
    thiết kế website tiệc cưới chuyên nghiệp tại tphcm
    Hãy liên hệ trực tiếp với chúng tôi để chúng tôi mang đến sự tiện lợi chất lượng tốt nhất cho bạn.
    THÔNG TIN LIÊN HỆ
    CÔNG TY TNHH HTSOLUTION
    Địa chỉ: 78th Thăng Long - P.4 - Q.Tân Bình - TP.HCM
    Điện thoại: (08) 6267 3377 (Anh Hoàng) or 0985327297 (Anh Trường)
    Email: Info@htsolution.vn

    ReplyDelete