Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Viablility Scan @ 5 weeks 1 day

So tomorrow I have my first viability scan. Here's the thing...I did my IUI at one doctors office, but I'll be going for my high risk care at another. Where I did my IUI (Hospital A), they don't want me to do my first Viability scan until 6 weeks 2 days. Where I will get my high risk care (Hospital B) is where I delivered my first daughter and where I miscarried.  As soon as I called them and told them I was pregnant, they wanted to see me ASAP. They were so excited when I called!! That made me feel really good because I was debating on whether or not to go to another place closer to my home, but Hospital B said they are so excited I am coming back! :) But, my only concern is that Hospital B is having me to an Ultra Sound (the Viability scan) at 5 weeks 1 day. Usually this early I am told that you most likely won't see anything...so I just am trying to prepare myself for that and tell myself that it doesn't mean anything if we don't see a heartbeat yet. I'm assuming they just want to see a gestational sack and make sure that it's in the right place (not in my tubes)...so I will keep you posted on how it goes and I am trying not to be nervous about it! But it's definitely a consistent thought.

Overall I have been feeling good thus far. From just before the 4 week mark until now, my insulin requirements have gone up dramatically. The first few days my blood sugars seemed wacko! But I have increased my levels across the board. All of my basals have increased throughout the day. Finally I am seeing some normalcy to my numbers. I faxed them to the doctor on Monday and got a call back that there are no changes needed for now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Today I am off to the gym for some light exercise. Have to keep my heart rate under 140bpm. But I need to move! Been doing walks this week otherwise.

The only symptoms I'm experiencing as of now is some very mild breast tenderness...which seems to come and go and fatigue. Wow have I been tired! But I feel like I have been sleeping better than I have in a long time. I have been having vivid dreams too. Crazy!!

Keep you posted on how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment