Friday, May 25, 2012

6 Weeks 2 Day Scan

Today I had my 6 week 2 day ultra sound and we saw a little flicker for a heartbeat for the first time! It was so exciting! The doctor said our chances of miscarriage now reduce by 90%! Woo hoo! But, I do have to remember that we were in this same situation last time and we saw a heartbeat, but miscarried at 9 weeks 1 day. So now, it's just the waiting game. And also doing my best to stay positive!

My blood sugars have been under good control. I am still on a lot more than normal insulin though. My basals are up about 15-20% compared to normal. I am working with my doctor to make the necessary adjustments.

As for symptoms. I'm extremely exhausted! And when I get really tired I'm getting really cranky! lol. My poor husband! Yesterday I had my first real bit of nausea and the day before that my breasts were sore all day. The only consistent symptom is the tiredness.

We'll go back next week for another ultra sound so I hope I continue to stay feeling decent for now! :)

1 comment:

  1. ooh scary! i had a MC around 8 weeks too so i'm imagining this was bittersweet for ya..

    ReplyDelete